"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well." Psalms 139:14
The Comparison Trap
Do you ever find yourself in the comparison trap?
Have you caught yourself comparing your insides to someone else's outsides?
Be careful not to compare yourself to other people for several reasons:
1. God designed you as an original. He doesn't need any copies.
2. You will miss the beauty in His purpose for you.
3. It can lead to jealousy which is binding and blinding.
4. You have yet to learn what they have gone through or genuinely going through.
5. It doesn't honor you or them or God.
Who have you compared yourself with, and why?
How might you awaken to how God made you for His purposes and love?
Lord, may we keep our eyes on You and not others. May we only be encouraged by You through others to walk in the fullness of Your love. Amen